Electricians fit, service and fix electrical equipment, circuits, machinery and wiring.
Electrician Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Electrician to join our team.
- Maintaining current electrician’s license or identification card to meet governmental regulations;
- Assisting with troubleshooting electrical components, wiring diagrams, transformers, motors, panels, and circuit;
- Other duties as assigned;
- Troubleshoot electrical issues using appropriate of testing devices;
- You will perform electrical installations of a commercial nature;
- Repairs, maintains and overhauls equipment, control panels, building structures and machinery. Works with or directs outside contractors, as required;
- Ability to write routine reports;
- Test electrical systems or continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, or fixtures;
- Knows, understands and follows all aspects of Imerys Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems (HSEQ);
- May be required to work any or all days of the week or overtime in accordance with production and maintenance schedules;
- Testing electrical systems or continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment;
- Performs other related duties as assigned;
- Panel wiring;
- Must be able to climb ladders up to 20 feet and on top of equipment, in a safe manner, when needed;
- Lifting requirements range from 30-100# occasionally.
- Ability to follow electrical code manuals to install and repair electrical systems;
- Valid driver’s license;
- 5+ years experience for Journeymen;
- OSHA a plus or will be provided;
- Able to handle more than one responsibility at a time;
- Ability to read layouts and schematics;
- May be required to lift up to 50 pounds;
- Must be a U.S. citizen with no dual citizenship;
- Working knowledge of physical plant safety programs and shall be able to demonstrate understanding of fire life safety procedures and requirements;
- Ability to work in confined spaces, use full range of motions, and work in awkward positions;
- Requires constant standing, the ability to climb, bend, stoop, kneel, crouch and/or crawl in order to access machinery;
- Proficiency in performing and reporting out on assigned PM’s on equipment and systems;
- Perform all classification related duties as assigned;
- Completion of 18 semester hours of coursework in electricity or electrical maintenance at a recognized trade school preferred;
- Ability to install and align motors and gearboxes.