The Journeyman Carpenter follows plans to ensure requirements and specifications are met. Inspects, repairs, installs, modifies, rebuilds, constructs, and maintains woodwork and other related structures. Being a Journeyman Carpenter requires a high school diploma or its equivalent. An apprenticeship and/or formal training may be required. In addition, Journeyman Carpenter typically reports to a supervisor/manager. Being a Journeyman Carpenter gains or has attained full proficiency in a specific area of discipline. Works under moderate supervision. Working as a Journeyman Carpenter typically requires 1-3 years of related experience.
Journeyman Carpenter Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Journeyman Carpenter to join our team.
- Studying specifications in blueprints, sketches, or building plans to prepare project layout and determine dimensions and materials required;
- Erecting scaffolding, ladders for assembling structures above ground levels;
- Removing damaged or defective parts or sections of structures and repair or replace, using hand tools;
- Hanging drywall;
- Doing Trim Finish work;
- Doing trim finish Carpentry;
- Positioning and holding timbers, lumber, or paneling in place for fastening or cutting;
- Holding plumb bobs, sighting rods, or other equipment to aid in establishing reference points and lines;
- Able to instruct and work efficiently with personnel;
- Interacting with client;
- Accurately measure, cut and join wood, drywall, fiberglass, plastic and other building materials;
- Frame structures and walls and install cabinets, ceilings, doors, floors, fixtures, prefabricated panels and scaffolding;
- We have spots for a select few in our Restoration Division reclaiming old wood, glass and brick;
- Current projects are Church Conversion, Historical Renovations, Residential Additions, Window Installs, Interior/Exterior Trim;
- Upcoming Projects are in Duxbury, Norwell, Scituate, Hingham and Hull.
- Drug free at all times;
- High standard of integrity and professionalism;
- Experience working with equipment such as: boom lifts, scissor lifts, and forklifts;
- 4 years of experience in commercial carpentry;
- 5 years of experience as a Journeyman Carpenter;
- Eagerness and willingness to learn and receive instruction/direction from qualified Journeyman Carpenter;
- Uphold Swinerton Core Values of Integrity, Leadership, Passion and Excellence at all times;
- Pass background check;
- Minimum of 1 year of experience as a journeyman carpenter or similar role;
- Pass drug test;
- OSHA a plus or will be provided;
- Must have valid ID, transportation, tools & PPE;
- Great attendance record;
- Fully loaded toolbelt;
- Ability to adapt with different job sites and clients.