Journeyman Ironworker Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Journeyman Ironworker to join our team.
- Unload and stack prefabricated steel;
- Reinforcing/tying rebar in concrete construction;
- Connecting columns, beams and girders with bolts or by welding them into place;
- Verify vertical and horizontal alignment of steel structures;
- Using metal shears, torches and welding equipment to cut, bend and weld steel;
- Placing and setting heavy machinery;
- Erecting and/or dismantling structural steel frames of structures;
- Operating forklifts, cranes and other heavy equipment to lift steel columns, beams and girders according to blueprints.
- Ability to weld 3G and 4G;
- Insert sealing strips, wiring, insulating material, ladders, flanges, gauges, and valves, depending on types of structures being assembled;
- Bolt-up structural member following blueprints and instructions from supervisors;
- Place blocks under reinforcing bars used to reinforce floors. Required Experience;
- Dismantle and demolish structures and equipment;
- Rig structural-steel members to hoist cables, using chains, cables, or rope;
- Assembling: Plumbing of structural steel; installing deck; installing and welding steel stairs, handrail and guardrail.