Residential Service Electrician Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Residential Service Electrician to join our team.
- Troubleshooting electrical components, wiring diagrams, transformers, motors, panels, and circuits;
- Directing or training workers to install, maintain, or repair electrical wiring, equipment, or fixtures;
- Maintaining current electrician’s license or identification card to meet governmental regulations;
- Installing power supply wiring and conduit such as: EMT, O-CAL, Rigid conduit, MC cable, strut, cable trays;
- Connect wiring in electrical circuits ensuring compatibility of components;
- Inspecting systems, equipment, or components to identify hazards, defects, or the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes;
- Installing electrical apparatus, fixtures and equipment;
- Install safety and distribution components (e.g. switches, circuit breaker panels etc.);
- Communicating and educating customers of available options;
- Perform effective troubleshooting to identify hazards or malfunctions and repair or install new systems.
- Ability to follow electrical code manuals to install and repair electrical systems;
- Experience working with hand tools, power tool and electronic test equipment;
- Drug free at all times;
- Strong working knowledge of job site safety as well as ability to complete a company specific safety orientation;
- High standard of integrity and professionalism;
- 4 years of experience in commercial/industrial electrical;
- Understand schematic diagrams, blueprints and other specifications required by our client;
- Communication and customer service skills;
- Valid Journeyworker or Master electrician license in any of the state(s) of: MN, ND, SD, WY, NE, MT, IA, AR, or AK;
- Excellent critical thinking and problem solving ability;
- Proven experience as an electrician;
- Thorough knowledge of safety procedures and legal regulations and guidelines.