Solar Foreman Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Solar Foreman to join our team.
- Perform other needed job tasks as requested by leadership;
- Provide oversight relating to all required documentation relating to the installation of the solar array;
- Ensure the truck is equipped with inventory needed as well ensure the vehicle is in a proper condition;
- Interface with the Management and Licensing teams to ensure compliance with ratios and continuing education/certification requirements;
- Troubleshoot technical issues for your crew and provide assistance to other crews as necessary;
- Ensure all work performed by the Installation Crew is of good workmanship and compliant with current NEC and local codes;
- Maintain compliance to all PPE and safety regulations per OSHA and Vivint Solar standards;
- Provide coaching, technical training and performance reviews to those that report to you;
- Lead the installation of electrical systems that interconnect our solar array to the grid power of our customer’s residential property;
- Provide leadership for those reporting to you by clearly communicating the mission, goals, and values of Vivint Solar;
- Occasional work in the warehouse organizing equipment.
- Experience with electrical installation, troubleshooting and repair;
- Ability to be comfortable being and working on roofs;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to work well with others that are on your team;
- Ability to coach, mentor, and lead a construction crew;
- Above average computer skills;
- Ability to keep a positive attitude;
- High school diploma or equivalent;
- Working knowledge of solar installation, construction and/or roofing;
- 2 to 3 years of experience leading a construction crew.