Accounts Receivable/Collections Specialist Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Accounts Receivable/Collections Specialist to join our team.
- Assertive, but professional and courteous collection style calls;
- Ad hoc reporting;
- Commercial collections;
- Customer Service oriented;
- Run aging report;
- ERP System;
- Meet department goals and activity metrics;
- Take actions to encourage timely debt payments;
- Provide stellar service to both customers and internal stakeholders;
- Update account status records and collection efforts;
- Establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships with all stakeholders;
- Perform other assigned tasks and duties necessary to support the Accounts Receivable Department;
- Work closely with team members to create ways to bring in revenue and find success as a group;
- Compiling delinquency notices.
- High School Diploma or GED;
- Microsoft Word Excel and Access knowledge;
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in customer service finance accounting or payroll;
- Familiarity with laws related to debt collection. (e.g. FDCPA);
- Bachelor’s degree in business is preferred;
- Excellent verbal and written communication abilities;
- 3-5 years’ experience as a Collection Specialist or similar role;
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics NAV a plus.