Teaching assistants support teachers and help children with reading, writing and learning activities.
Classroom Assistant Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Classroom Assistant to join our team.
- Helps headteacher communicate with parents (daily reports);
- Help with cleaning/ upkeep of the classroom;
- Help set up sleeping arrangements for nap time;
- Decorate classrooms along with bulletin boards;
- Prepare materials for activities and daily lessons;
- Help the kitchen staff with food distributions when meals are served;
- Open/ close classrooms as needed;
- Assist the Lead Teacher with lesson plans.
- Must have good attendance possess organizational skills, time management skills, and the ability to prioritize;
- Attends and participates in staff meetings, training sessions, and academy events as requested;
- Must be able to relate well to parents, children and other staff members;
- Must communicate effectively, have an energetic personality and be functionally literate in English.