Commercial Collections Specialist Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Commercial Collections Specialist to join our team.
- Annotate accounts from all calls so that history is maintained for all accounts regarding collections efforts;
- Reconcile and resolve problems on accounts;
- Prepare to write-offs according to the department and company policies and procedures;
- Fax missing invoices or statements;
- Review payments and short payments and resolve promptly by requesting a credit memo or issuing a refund;
- Answer credit limit override line and approve or deny overrides;
- Make regularly scheduled collection calls when accounts become delinquent (invoices aged beyond 30 days);
- Maintain a good follow up system to ensure promises to pay are met and accounts are not neglected.
- Ability to positively and effectively communicate verbally and in writing;
- Strong integrity and work ethic are critical; as is the ability to have fun and work in an engaging, highly collaborative team environment;
- 1-3+ years of B2B Collections in a fast-paced, high volume environment;
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with the ability to prioritize multiple and changing responsibilities;
- Experience with various collections software platforms;
- Strong Excel skills, Microsoft Word, Outlook;
- Display effective interpersonal skills with all levels of employee;
- Commitment to excellence in customer service;
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, and volume;
- Proven successful results, in meeting or exceeding established collections goals resulting in a reduction of DSO and Bad Debt.