The Educational Technologist typically requires a bachelor’s degree. Supports faculty members with information technology in support of teaching and learning. Being an Educational Technologist typically reports to a manager. Being an Educational Technologist gains exposure to some of the complex tasks within the job function. Occasionally directed in several aspects of the work. Working as an Educational Technologist typically requires 2 to 4 years of related experience.
Educational Technologist Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Educational Technologist to join our team.
- Other related duties as assigned;
- Leverage emerging educational technologies, learning science research, and learning analytics to design and evaluate learning experiences;
- Collaborate with team members to plan short- and long-term projects and participate in implementing strategic initiatives;
- Responsible for proposing, developing, planning, coordinating and facilitating learning opportunities and instructional technology;
- Work on special projects as deemed relevant and be available as needed for technical and other support during critical periods;
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues related to educational technologies for faculty, staff, and students.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks under short and changing deadlines, while ensuring timely and accurate execution;
- Knowledge of current pedagogy and training in the use of educational technologies for instruction;
- Prior experience working with faculty in a higher education environment;
- Must have the ability to exercise sound judgment, discretion and tact in a highly confidential professional setting;
- Experience using web-based learning, authoring, or publication systems;
- Act as an analytical thinker with the ability to work collaboratively and independently;
- Multimedia development experience including the use of the Adobe Suite of products;
- Proven ability to create project plans and successfully complete projects;
- Experience with the Canvas learning management system;
- Minimum of 3-5 years of related experience;
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required;
- Experience with video/audio production and development;
- Knowledge of web content management systems, preferably Drupal;
- Experience in the collection and analysis of learning analytics.