History Teacher Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a History Teacher to join our team.
- Represent the school in a positive way on and off campus;
- Maintain student achievement records;
- Knowledgeable and supportive in word and action of the school’s mission, vision and educational philosophy;
- Demonstrate expertise in teaching methods and methodology;
- Maintain classroom in such a way that is conducive to learning;
- Conduct parent conferences as scheduled and/or requested; maintain open communication with parents;
- Demonstrate expertise in content area of teaching;
- Implement mission of the school through personal witness;
- Demonstrate care in lesson planning and execution;
- Working knowledge of school policies as they are articulated in the school’s handbooks;
- Complete required school forms promptly;
- Make appropriate provisions for substitute teachers when necessary;
- Attend meetings as scheduled;
- Secure appropriate permission for educational activities;
- Submit all external communications to the administration for approval prior to distribution.
- 12 credit hours in education courses or a valid, appropriate state certificate;
- 12 credit hours in each additional content area taught or successful completion of appropriate state certification exam;
- Bachelor’s degree in history.