Library Director Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Library Director to join our team.
- Oversees a marketing and public relations program to promote and publicize the library in coordination with department heads;
- Participates in the planning, organization, and management of technical and automation services for the library;
- Coordinate and supervise library volunteers;
- Prepares regular narrative and statistical reports for the Library Board of Trustees, and others as designated;
- Supervises the library staff, directly or in coordination with department heads, to create a harmonious team environment;
- Establishes priorities in coordination with the Board of Trustees;
- Oversees development of print and non-print collections either directly or in coordination with department heads;
- Implements the current strategic plan;
- Participates in the recruitment and selection of library personnel;
- Acquiring library materials;
- Perform public information, marketing, and community relations tasks;
- Fund procurement practices and procedures including levy and bond elections and grant writing;
- Prepares meeting agendas and materials and participates in Library Board of Trustees meetings;
- Confers with the Library Board of Trustees to establish operating policies and to review the library’s services;
- Maintain an active working relationship with the educational community and other libraries.
- Thorough ability to administer the activities of a public library and supervise the work of others;
- Thorough ability to made decisions in an environment of limited resources and competing claims;
- Thorough knowledge of the principles and practices of public administration as applied to a public library;
- Thorough ability in oral and written communication.