Loan Specialist Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Loan Specialist to join our team.
- Focuses on delivering short-term loans in under 24 hours;
- Exercises judgment to ensure proper legal and loan closing procedures are followed;
- Imports loans to Loan Accounting system and perform other related loan accounting duties;
- Completely closes non-consumer loans within delegated authority, ensuring complete and accurate loan files while meeting work quantity expectations;
- Communicates effectively with the branch teams via telephone, mail and electronic communications;
- Support the sales of all products and services.
- 3-5+ years’ experience in loan processing,
- Effective written and verbal communication/presentation skills;
- Strong teamwork and partnering skills with ability to effectively manage the expectations of multiple internal/external constituents;
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a deadline-driven environment; strong sense of urgency and responsiveness;
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to manage multiple assignments and priorities is essential while delivering desired results;
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience;
- Experience with down payment assistant programs such as GSFA, MCC, Cal HFA, LIPA, MIPA, WISH and other County/ City programs;
- 5+ years’ experience in underwriting and related analysis, including experience with Fannie Mae transactions with an affordable emphasis;
- Excellent analytical skills; ability to quickly understand complex problems and recommend solutions;
- Strong knowledge of complex personal and business financial analysis, tax returns and balance sheet analysis, including cash flow analysis;
- Expert-level knowledge of overall lending processes, including underwriting, funding, and loan processing;
- In-depth knowledge of CRA products and industry.