Middle School Teachers Middle school teachers educate students, typically in sixth through eighth grades.
Middle School Teacher Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Middle School Teacher to join our team.
- Maintain classroom discipline;
- Implement rigorous and appropriate lesson plans, assignments, and assessments;
- Maintain attendance, grade and other required records;
- Additional duties as assigned;
- Engage families in their children’s education by building relationships and maintaining regular communication;
- Work closely with school leaders to analyze student assessment data to measure progress and use data to inform instruction;
- Demonstrate genuine interest, belief, and care for students’ personal and academicsuccess;
- Drive student achievement and set high expectations for all students;
- Teach inquiry techniques that encourage experimentation and alternative approaches to problem-solving;
- Assess the skill level of students and aligns classroom goals and activities to established state and local standards;
- Respond positively and effectively to challenges with a solutions-oriented resiliency;
- Collaborate in grade level teams to discuss student work and share best practices;
- Provide instruction in respective subject area;
- Create a classroom environment in which students have access to subject-relatedmaterials that address their needs and interests.
- Experience teaching students with learning differences is a plus;
- Flexible attitude, ability to work with urgency;
- Experience with using educational technologies;
- A comfort and excitement about working with children from diverse backgrounds;
- A high level of interest in collaboration;
- Commitment to Russell Byers mission and belief that all students can learn;
- Demonstrated professionalism and responsibility, and a strong work ethic;
- Must hold or be willing to work towards a valid teacher license in the subject and/or grade level for the state in which you are applying;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Experience teaching middle school-level math is a plus;
- BA or MA in Education, or BA or MA in other field plus a teaching credential;
- Must be highly personable, and have a welcoming presence;
- The ability to establish cooperative working relationships with faculty, staff, students, and parents;
- 2 or more years’ experience teaching middle school grades (6th, 7th, 8th) preferred;
- Value strong relationships with each student and staff member.