Physical education (PE) teachers work in schools and colleges, teaching sport and fitness to young people.
Physical Education Teacher Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Physical Education Teacher to join our team.
- Identifies student needs and cooperates with other professional staff members to help students improve health, behavior, and learning needs;
- Enables students to work toward their IEP goals and plan lessons accordingly;
- Communicates with parents and school counselors on student progress;
- Participates in curriculum developmental;
- Implement, by instruction and action, DECA’s mission and core values ;
- Mediate student conflicts to the best of your ability;
- Celebrate student accomplishments;
- Participate in the IEP process as required;
- Hold students accountable for their academic progress;
- Strive to continually improve professional competence;
- Assist in identifying, establishing, and monitoring learning opportunities for students;
- Maintain accurate, complete, and factual records on each student as required by school law;
- Assess and facilitate the strengths and needs of the whole learner: physically, socially and emotionally, and intellectually/academically;
- Ensure that each student employs materials prescribed by school staff (personal learning plans, planners, journals, etc. as applicable);
- Prepare weekly lesson plans and substitute lesson plans.
- BA Degree required;
- SPED Licensure in addition to PE licensure preferred;
- Valid driver’s license. Valid DEEC CORI/Background check;
- Valid Ohio License for the assigned grade, and/or subject(s); Health Education (K-12) License preferred;
- Must hold a valid teacher license in K-8 physical education for the state in which you are applying;
- PE teaching licensure;
- Candidates with experience working with at-risk students – preferred, if applicable to the school;
- Experience working in school setting required.