Swim Lesson Instructor Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Swim Lesson Instructor to join our team.
- Is visible on the pool deck and accessible to answer swim team related questions;
- Performs the Essential Functions and Responsibilities as described (other duties may be assigned);
- Teaches progressive swim lessons and follows acac’s learn-to-swim program;
- Maintains vigilance while conducting swim lessons in order to maintain constant control of the lesson and emphasize safety at all times.
- Able to swim in both deep and shallow water;
- At least 16 years of age;
- Able to work varied shifts, including days, evenings, weekends, and holidays;
- Able to be creative in finding the best teaching methods to accommodate different populations;
- Must be able to demonstrate swim instructor skills in accordance with YMCA standards;
- Current CPR, First Aid, and AED certifications a plus;
- High school diploma or GED preferred;
- Water Safety Instructor certification preferred;
- Previous teaching or coaching experience preferred;
- Able to actively participate in swim lessons using repetitive arm and leg motions;
- Must have a genuine interest in working with and interacting with children and adults of all skill levels;
- Able to work in an often warm and humid environment with heightened noise;
- CPR for the Professional Rescuer, AED, Basic First Aid and Emergency Oxygen certifications required;
- Able to successfully instruct and demonstrate proper swim techniques and use of swim equipment;
- Able to motivate and inspire participants while teaching a safe and effective class.