The Banquet Captain serves food and beverages to banquet guests. Oversees banquet servers. Being a Banquet Captain ensures guest satisfaction. May take food and beverage orders when there are not enough servers present. In addition, Banquet Captain may require a high school diploma or its equivalent. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager. The Banquet Captain supervises a small group of para-professional staff in an organization characterized by highly transactional or repetitive processes. Contributes to the development of processes and procedures. Thorough knowledge of functional area under supervision. Working as a Banquet Captain typically requires 3 years experience in the related area as an individual contributor.
Banquet Captain Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Banquet Captain to join our team.
- Participate in and lead department meetings;
- Process banquet checks accurately and efficiently for payment;
- Practices teamwork and cooperates with peers, being sensitive to others feelings and beliefs;
- Delegate duties to servers and oversee activity throughout events;
- Supervise setup and service of food;
- Confirm setup of event spaces according to customer specifications prior to event including moving furniture and general clean-up if necessary;
- Communicate customer needs to kitchen staff;
- Maintain a professional, neat and well-groomed appearance;
- Train and develop catering servers using existing training materials;
- Meet and greet clients contacts;
- Venue layout, table/seat/station numbers, proper table set-ups, room capacities, hours of operation, price ranges, and dress code;
- Communicating to staff in pre-function meetings all specific set-up needs of buffets, receptions, and overview of daily events;
- Team Member handbook: enforce and adhere to The Lodge at Blue Sky policies;
- Performs other tasks as requested;
- Maintain complete knowledge of: All menu selections available in all outlets.
- Ability to work effectively under time constraints and deadlines;
- Openness and an ability to learn or prior knowledge of A/V is necessary;
- Private club experience is a plus;
- Basic proficient with Microsoft Word and email systems preferred;
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk, sit, climb stairs, talk or hear;
- Ability to deal with difficult customers and effectively resolved their concerns;
- Possess a willingness to promote a diverse and inclusive campus community;
- Frequently moves about campus to various locations for meetings;
- Minimum two years catering operations or banquet experience, or relevant experience, preferably in a lead of supervisor capacity;
- Ability to perform all operational positions within Catering/Operations;
- Superior communication skills to provide information and associated services to hotel management and guests;
- Proven team player;
- High School diploma or successful completion of GED;
- Must have flexibility to work nights and weekends;
- Ability to work as a member of a team in a small, close-knit environment.