Head chefs oversee restaurants’ staff, food and budgets.
Chef de Cuisine Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Chef de Cuisine to join our team.
- May manage other key culinary leadership rolls including supervisor and other less senior Sous Chefs;
- Plan, coordinate & implement special events and holiday functions;
- Lead and coach the team towards achieving exceptional guest service and employee satisfaction results;
- Recruit, interview and train team members;
- Prepare daily food production sheets;
- Ensure preparation of required reports, including (but not limited to) wage progress, payroll, revenue, employee schedules, quarterly actions plans;
- Know and enforce all local health department sanitation laws;
- Assess food portion size, visual appeal, taste and temperature of items served;
- Work with the VP of F&B to create and implement menus;
- All aspects of food preparation;
- Client menu tastings;
- Coordinate and monitor all phases of loss prevention in kitchen areas;
- Make cooks aware of daily forecasts and customer counts so that they can be adequately prepared to serve both hot and cold food on time;
- Perform all other duties as requested;
- Ability to read, understand and speak English to perform essential functions of the job.
- Maintain a positive attitude under pressure and motivate team;
- Must have excellent knife skills and cooking techniques, ideally with experience in cooking exceptional food for very large groups;
- Ability to work in a fast paced, changing environment;
- High-volume, scratch Line Cook, Kitchen Manager, Sous Chef, or Executive Chef experience;
- Must have an extraordinary palate and strong interest in evolving food trends;
- Must be detail oriented, extremely organized and great at time management;
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team;
- Must have strong experience in managing a kitchen, ideally a fine dining catering kitchen;
- Expertise in ordering, inventory management, labor management, and scheduling;
- Ability to follow all Health & Safety standards;
- 2 years in a professional kitchen or bakery in similar position with like volume and quality food service establishment;
- Strong passion for great food and hospitality;
- Manages time effectively and prioritizes tasks to meet deadlines;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel;
- Degree from a post secondary culinary arts training program.