Coffee Shop Barista Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Coffee Shop Barista to join our team.
- Updating signage and displays to attract customers;
- Working in as part of a fun, high-energy team;
- Cleaning and restocking work and dining areas, emptying trash, and sanitizing equipment and utensils;
- Welcoming customers, informing them about specials or new items, answering questions, and accepting orders and payments;
- Adhering to all food safety regulations and quality controls;
- Taking inventory and replenishing items in display cases, at tables, or behind the counter;
- Preparing foods, such as sandwiches or baked goods, and grinding and blending coffee beans, brewing coffee and tea, and serving items to customers;
- Packaging food and beverages for sale;
- Learning about brewing methods, beverage blends, food preparation, and presentation techniques to improve food quality;
- Selling coffee and tea blends and brewing equipment, highlighting the differences between items and educating customers about brewing methods.
- Ability to handle stressful situations;
- Must be at least 18 years of age;
- Knowledge of basic math (counting, addition, and subtraction);
- Effective communication skills.