The Cook’s Helper may be responsible for cleaning, maintenance of kitchen area and cooking equipment, collecting garbage and grocery item inventory. Prepares and cooks meats, fish, poultry, gravies, cereals, soups, vegetables and other foods according to proper preparations methods. Being a Cook’s Helper typically reports to a supervisor or manager. May require a high school diploma or its equivalent. Being a Cook’s Helper gains or has attained full proficiency in a specific area of discipline. Works under moderate supervision. Working as a Cook’s Helper typically requires 1-3 years of related experience.
Cook Helper Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Cook Helper to join our team.
- Rotate stock items as per established procedures;
- Collaborate with the Executive Chef and Cooks to prepare meals during our dining hours;
- Properly store food items at appropriate temperatures;
- Maintain accurate food inventories;
- Restock kitchen for subsequent shifts;
- Measure and assemble ingredients for menu items;
- Ensure that the food prep area and kitchen are cleaned and sanitized at the end of your shift.
- High school diploma or GED required;
- Strong knowledge of proper food handling procedures;
- Able to read and follow standardized recipes;
- ServeSafe Certification preferred;
- 2+ years’ experience as a Cook in the restaurant industry;
- Spanish speaker;
- Able to work as part of a team in a busy kitchen atmosphere.