The Deli Clerk is responsible for various duties including preparing deli food items, weighing and wrapping deli products, and placing food items in display cases. Responds and attends to customer requests in the deli department within a grocery store. Being a Deli Clerk may require a high school diploma or its equivalent. Has knowledge of proper food handling procedures and government regulations regarding food codes. In addition, Deli Clerk typically reports to a supervisor or manager. Being a Deli Clerk may require 0-1 year of general work experience. Possesses a moderate understanding of general aspects of the job. Works under the close direction of senior personnel in the functional area.
Deli Clerk Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Deli Clerk to join our team.
- reach with hands and arms;
- Stand and walk;
- Close vision, have eye-hand coordination and peripheral vision;
- Talk and hear;
- Complying with sanitation and safety standards;
- This position is applicable to the following departments: Meat, Seafood, Bakery, Deli, Grocery;
- Building rapport with customers;
- Operating cash registers, receive payment and accurately make change and processing credit cards;
- Inventory stocking including moving items from bulk pallets into storage rooms, coolers & freezers;
- Maintaining Heebs high standards for product quality, freshness and sanitation;
- Selecting, slicing, packaging, weighing, labeling & pricing products ordered by customers;
- Accurate food temperatures for receiving, cooking, hot-holding & cold-holding;
- Skillfully selling product by providing customers with accurate information, sampling product and communicating promotional sales;
- Filling, maintaining, rotating products and cleaning displays;
- Operate slicers, fryers, ovens, scales & other equipment safety.
- Ability to handle stressful situations;
- Current food handlers permit once employed;
- You are detail-oriented and organized;
- Must be 18 or older;
- You possess good listening and communication skills;
- Knowledge of basic math;
- able to deliver friendly, courteous, prompt customer service;
- able to remain physically busy throughout your shift;
- able to interpret, understand and follow instructions and solve problems;
- Effective communication and reading skills;
- ensures that all shelves and displays are properly stocked and front facing;
- experience with custom sandwich and salad preparation;
- able to work in coolers & freezers;
- able to be on your feet for long periods of times;
- Must be 18 years old.