Dietary Assistant Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Dietary Assistant to join our team.
- Sets tables in dining rooms with correct place settings;
- Serves all food and desserts for dining room according to resident’s requests with regard to specific food orders;
- Places appropriate beverages and items pertinent to each meal on dining room tables;
- Clears tables after meals;
- Places appropriate beverages in dining rooms with correct place settings;
- Be able to work independently;
- Keeps equipment, storage areas, and kitchen clean and orderly;
- Adheres to personal cleanliness, neatness, and conduct standards at all times;
- Serves food according to diet order;
- Does special cleaning, organizes storage areas and other related duties;
- Delivers food throughout the facility and auxiliary buildings as needed in a timely manner;
- Prepares/Cooks food as needed in accordance with approved standards and nutritional guidelines;
- Prepares and serves quality food in an appropriate, sanitary, and timely manner;
- Assists in preparation, service and delivery of food;
- Maintains a high level of sanitation in the dietary area.
- Must have knowledge of elementary math;
- Must be at least 16 years of age;
- Must have the ability to be compassionate and patient when working with residents and their family members;
- Prior experience in a food service environment is desired;
- Must have the ability to read and follow instructions;
- Prior experience in a long-term care environment is preferred but not necessary.