The Bartender/Server has knowledge of common drinks and makes suggestions to customers. Prepares cocktails and non-alcoholic beverages for customers. Being a Bartender/Server may require a high school diploma or its equivalent. Monitors bar inventory and takes appropriate action. In addition, Bartender/Server typically reports to a supervisor or manager. Being a Bartender/Server gains or has attained full proficiency in a specific area of discipline. Works under moderate supervision. Working as a Bartender/Server typically requires 1-3 years of related experience.
Server/Bartender Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Server/Bartender to join our team.
- Guide guests through the food and beverage menu, answering questions as needed;
- Serve only food and beverage items that meet strict specifications and standards;
- Always wear appropriate uniform as prescribed by policy and maintain personal cleanliness;
- Ensure that work stations are properly refilled at the end of every shift;
- Verify the accuracy of prices, State and Federal taxes, tips and other charges on all checks;
- Be able to bend, stoop, climb, and stand for up to 5 hours without sitting;
- Turn in signed tip declaration form weekly;
- Mix ingredients to prepare cocktails;
- Preparing alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverages for bar and patrons;
- Check customer’s identification and confirm it meets legal drinking age;
- Prepare alcohol or non-alcohol beverages for bar and restaurant patrons;
- Assess customers needs and preferences and make recommendations;
- Need to have knowledge of crafting cocktails, local products and prepare new and inventive cocktails;
- When needed serving tables in the restaurant;
- Responsible for cash handling and balancing drawer at the beginning and end of their shift.
- Active listening;
- Requisitions for liquor or beverages;
- Replenishes bar snacks;
- Serves customers their pre-ordered food;
- Presents orders to the cooks on behalf of the patrons;
- Social perceptiveness;
- Collects money for drinks served;
- Cleans bar and arranges glasses to create an attractive display;
- Mixes and serves alcoholic and nonalcoholic beverages to customers of the bar;
- Resume and proven working experience as a bartender;
- Computer literacy;
- Eye for detail and understanding of drink mixing tools and techniques;
- Must be over 21;
- Strong task and time management abilities;
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.