Server / Waiter Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Server / Waiter to join our team.
- Handle all cash and credit card transactions accurately and efficiently, according to company standards;
- Stock and replenish stations as needed, including polished silverware & glassware;
- Communicate and work together with coworkers and management in a friendly and enthusiastic manner;
- Accurately ring in all food and beverage orders in the computer;
- Practice proper sanitation procedures and follow regulations regarding alcohol sale and service;
- Pre-bus and manicure tables throughout the restaurant, not only in your own station;
- Participate in any, and all, continuing education courses available to you;
- Arrive on time for scheduled shifts, ready to work. Proper uniform should be worn at all times while in work areas;
- Communicate any questions or issues to management team in a timely manner;
- Execute proper food delivery, placement, and removal at all tables;
- Interact with guests and coworkers in a friendly and professional manner.
- Alcohol certification and Serve Safe a plus;
- Flexible to work a variety of shifts;
- Must be 18 years of age or older to serve alcohol (based on state regulations);
- Previous experience as a server is preferred, but not required;
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English;
- Properly utilize a tray to assist in delivering food and drink items to guests;
- Stand for long periods of time & lift a minimum of 50 lbs;
- High school diploma or equivalent;
- Maintain a current Food Handler’s Certification and TABC Certification;
- Maintain a current Food Handler / Responsible Alcohol Certification.