Sushi Chef Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Sushi Chef to join our team.
- Coordinate with our wait staff to ensure proper cooking, considering special requests and food allergies;
- Prepare all types of sushi, including maki, nigiri and sashimi;
- Prepare appetizers, soups and salads that are close to the philosophy of Japanese cuisine;
- Add additional flavors to sushi rolls with ginger, rice vinegar, wasabi and soy sauce, when appropriate;
- Monitor food stock and place orders, as needed;
- Manage food prep activities, like boiling rice;
- Maintain hygiene principles in all cooking areas and clean your space at the end of the shift;
- Create a rich sushi menu with various main ingredients and raw fish (for example, salmon, tuna, unagi).
- Team spirit;
- Ability to work both fast and accurately;
- Good knowledge of various sushi types and sushi-rolling techniques;
- Certification from a culinary school is a plus;
- Availability to work during business hours, including weekends and evenings;
- Flexibility to take on various shifts;
- Work experience as a Sushi Chef;
- Work experience as a Sushi Chef or at an Asian restaurant;
- Must be a team player with strong communication skills;
- Hiring Sushi Chefs;
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule;
- 2 years’ experience in a similar setting.