Certified Occupational Therapist Assistant (COTA) Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Certified Occupational Therapist Assistant (COTA) to join our team.
- Actual caseload will be based on experience/needs;
- Assessments needed, need to update progress goals;
- Amendments & IEP’s, COTA must be comfortable handling to aspect of assignment;
- Amendments & IEP’s, OT must be comfortable handling to aspect of assignment.
- Must understand and follow company policies including harassment and compliance procedures;
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action;
- One (1) year experience in post acute care or related setting preferred;
- Must have the ability to implement and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies, and procedures of the department;
- Must perform proficiently in all competency areas including but not limited to: patient rights, and safety and sanitation;
- Must be NBCOT certified upon hire, but renewal is optional going forward;
- Maintains confidentiality of all proprietary and/or confidential information;
- Participates in community health matters/projects as appropriate;
- Must be currently registered/licensed in applicable State. Must maintain an active license in good standing throughout employment;
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and e mail;
- Ability to relate and interact positively, effectively and appropriately with residents, family, professional and facility staff;
- Exceptional patient service skills and ability to demonstrate clinical excellence;
- Graduate of an accredited Physical, Occupational or Speech Therapy program;
- Prefer at least one-year experience in LTC;
- Must perform job responsibilities in accordance with Code of Ethical Conduct and follow state and federal guidelines.