Clinical pharmacists work in hospitals, clinics, and other healthcare settings. They spend little time dispensing prescriptions. Instead, they are involved in direct patient care. Clinical pharmacists may go on rounds in a hospital with a physician or healthcare team. They recommend medications to give to patients and oversee the dosage and timing of the delivery of those medications. They also may conduct some medical tests and offer advice to patients. For example, pharmacists working in a diabetes clinic may counsel patients on how and when to take medications, suggest healthy food choices, and monitor patients’ blood sugar.
Clinical Pharmacist Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Clinical Pharmacist to join our team.
- Oversee the daily clinical activities related to Star/HEDIS measure goals for various health systems. Ensure clinical goals and objectives are met;
- With support of the data team, develop and track;
- In all activities, complies with accreditation, legal, regulatory, and safety requirements;
- Maintains confidentiality of patient and proprietary information. Observes legal and ethical guidelines for;
- Complete pharmacotherapy assessment of patients’ claims, past medical history, and disease states;
- Conduct comprehensive telephonic medication consultations that meet/exceed production & quality metrics;
- Provides drug information and education to staff and patients as requested.
- Current, active Pharmacy license as granted by the State Board of Pharmacy;
- Bachelor’s degree;
- Use relevant information and individual judgment to determine whether events or processes comply with laws, regulations, or standards;
- Preceptor license preferred;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Teach pharmacy students serving as interns;
- Years of experience: 1 year of pharmacy experience. MTM experience is preferred;
- Minimum 1 year as a Pharmacist in an acute care setting. (Will consider new grad pharmacist with completed internships in acute care settings);
- Nevada State licensure as a Pharmacist;
- License requirement: Active California Pharmacist license in good standing;
- Graduate of a college of Pharmacy accredited by the American Council on Pharmacy Education;
- Have and maintain current certification in Basic Cardiac Life Support (BLS);
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work independently in a fast paced environment;
- Area: Ability to work in the Sacramento Metro, CA area;
- Education : B.S. or Pharm D.