The Emergency Medicine Physician requests necessary tests and follow-up visits and refers patients to specialists, as necessary. Treats patients in emergency room to ensure proper injury care and disease diagnosis, treatment, and recovery. Being an Emergency Medicine Physician may report to a medical director. Requires a degree in medicine from an accredited school and is licensed to practice. Emergency Medicine Physician’s years of experience requirement may be unspecified. Certification and/or licensing in the position’s specialty is the main requirement.
Emergency Medicine Physician Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Emergency Medicine Physician to join our team.
- Facilitates patient access to continuing medical care by appropriate referrals to other healthcare providers;
- Perform a full range of emergency medicine services to include the ability and experience to adequately diagnose and treat diseases and injuries.
- High Acuity;
- 56 bed hospital; 10 bed ED;
- Active Mississippi license;
- Board Certified/Board Eligible in Emergency Medicine;
- Current ACLS, ATLS & PALS certifications;
- Cerner EMR;
- 13 bed freestanding ED;
- 200-bed hospital with 35 bed ED and 22 ICU beds;
- Volume of ED – 12,000;
- Will accept EM trained and Primary Care with ED experience;
- Closed ICU;
- ED volume 11,000;
- 156-bed community hospital committed to providing personalized, compassionate and high-quality care to patients and families;
- Current, unrestricted license to practice medicine;
- Current license to practice medicine in a State, District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States.