The Gynecologist monitors patient during prenatal, natal and postnatal periods and performs tests and prescribes medication and treatment, as necessary. Examines female patients to ensure a healthy reproductive system. Being a Gynecologist requires a degree in medicine from an accredited school and is licensed to practice. Delivers babies, determining the method most appropriate to ensure health and safety of both infant and mother. In addition, Gynecologist may require at least 2-4 years of obstetrics/gynecology experience. May report to a medical director. Gynecologist’s years of experience requirement may be unspecified. Certification and/or licensing in the position’s specialty is the main requirement.
Gynecologist Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Gynecologist to join our team.
- Collect, record, and maintain patient information, such as medical histories, reports, and examination results;
- Identify cancerous growths within the reproductive system;
- Perform regular annual exams on patients (e.g. pap smears);
- Refer patient to medical specialist or other practitioner when necessary;
- Explain procedures and discuss test results or prescribed treatments with patients;
- Analyze records, reports, test results, or examination information to diagnose medical condition of patient;
- Treat infections of the cervix, ovaries and fallopian tubes;
- Monitor patients over the course of pregnancies;
- Provide post-natal care to new mothers.
- 1 year experience as an Obstetrician/Gynecologist;
- Ability to make decisions quickly and stay calm under pressure;
- A Medical Degree (MS OBG / D OBG) from an accredited university and licensing from TCMC / MCI;
- Excellent verbal in Malayalam language;
- Ability to discuss sensitive information with patients and families;
- Ability to provide a calm presence for patients in distress.