Home Health LPN Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Home Health LPN to join our team.
- Uses and/or prepares equipment and supplies effectively and efficiently adhering to aseptic technique;
- Performs other duties as assigned;
- Implements plan of care initiated by the registered nurse;
- Assesses and provides patient and family/caregiver education regarding self-care techniques and information pertinent to diagnosis and plan of care;
- Provide accurate and timely documentation consistent with the plan of care;
- Provides direct patient care as defined in the State Nurse Practice Act.
- Fluent English speaking/writing communication skills;
- Home Health experience highly preferred;
- Competency with computerized documentation and other Microsoft Office applications needed;
- Current license and graduate of an approved LPN/LVN school of nursing;
- Demonstrates excellent observation, problem solving, verbal and written communication skills; nursing skills per competency checklist;
- Must be able to follow spoken and written instructions;
- Minimum of one (2) years’ experience as an LPN (LVN) in a clinical setting;
- Current driver’s license and proof of automobile insurance in this state;
- Must have reliable transportation;
- Shows ability to organize and prioritize workload independently;
- Communication and interpersonal skills to develop relationships with clients, staff, and providers;
- Graduate of an accredited practical nurse or vocational nursing program;
- Must be able to assist patients with walking or using the bathroom and helping patients in and out of bed;
- Must have full use of arms, legs, fingers and hands and be comfortable standing, walking, bending and kneeling while, on an 8-hour or 12-hour shift;
- Must be able to lift and restrain patients when necessary.