Intake Coordinator conducts initial assessments of patients to determine mental health needs and establish care requirements. May assign patients to mental health practitioners based on intake assessments. Being an Intake Coordinator requires a master’s degree in a related area. Typically reports to the head of a unit/department. The Intake Coordinator occasionally directed in several aspects of the work. Gains exposure to some of the complex tasks within the job function. To be an Intake Coordinator typically requires 2 -4 years of related experience.
Intake Coordinator Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Intake Coordinator to join our team.
- Ensures that all admission forms are properly signed and filed;
- Respects client or patient dignity and confidentiality;
- Communicates with other team members constructively in order to reduce conflict and enhance the resolution of issues;
- Initiate and answer calls from prospective clients to determine if we would be a good fit a a provider;
- Processes paperwork for new clients efficiently and in accordance with protocols;
- Obtains pertinent information from new clients by asking them to complete surveys or interviews courteously and professionally;
- Understand and communicate insurance benefits and eligibility to prospective clients;
- Answers and screens inquiry calls and emails from prospective clients;
- Adhere to all professional and ethical behavior standards of the healthcare industry;
- Maintain a current insurable driver’s license;
- Display a neat, clean and professional appearance at all times;
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity;
- Interact in an honest, trustworthy and dependable manner with patients, employees and vendors;
- Maintain professional licensure, certification and health requirements as required for this position.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in writing and orally;
- Detail oriented to flag errors and to question inconsistencies in information;
- Bachelor’s degree;
- Bachelor’s degree, combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education;
- 3 years of administrative experience in a university environment, preferably in international services;
- Customer service experience;
- Prior experience in front desk reception, administrative and/or customer service. 2 years experience in medical front office setting preferred;
- Minimum of three years health care delivery or related business experience;
- Associates degree;
- Other duties as assigned;
- Computer literacy and experience with electronic health record (Unicare, Welligent) a plus;
- Use multiple software systems and various resource sites to determine member plans and requirements;
- Gather all required documentation including verification of benefit eligibility. Build cases in the utilization management system;
- Exhibits a professional demeanor, and can discreetly handle sensitive and confidential information and ability to work under pressure;
- Strong knowledge of medical terminology and a customer service focus.