Labor and Delivery RN Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Labor and Delivery RN to join our team.
- Performs other duties as assigned;
- Demonstrates knowledge and technical skills to perform all duties required to care for patients;
- Actively participates in working towards the organizational and departmental goals for providing exceptional patient experiences;
- Collaborates with patient and healthcare team to assess, plan, implement, and/or evaluate patient’s plan of care;
- Assures quality of care by adhering to industry standards and measuring health outcomes against patient care goals and benchmarks;
- Maintains safe working environment and patient safety by complying with hospital policies, procedures, rules, and regulations;
- Consistently assesses, identifies and addresses patient’s educational needs and barriers to learning;
- Educates the patient, family, and significant other(s) about measures that promote, maintain, and restore health or promote comfort;
- Evaluates the progress toward attainment of expected outcomes in the context of woman, newborn, and family-centered care;
- Communicates and collaborates with women, families, health care providers, and the community in providing safe and holistic care;
- Practices in an environmentally safe and healthy manner when planning and delivering care to women, newborns, and families.
- Basic Fetal Monitoring within first six months of employment;
- BLS for the Healthcare Provider CPR;
- Basic Arrhythmia- within first six months of employment;
- One year of Labor & Delivery experience preferred;
- Neonatal Resuscitation- within first six months of employment into the position;
- RN Licensure with Reciprocity in the state of Virginia;
- One year RN experience in an acute care Maternal Child setting;
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support- within first six months of employment into the position;
- Basic Life Support for Health Care Provider;
- Current California Registered Nurse License.