Legal Nurse Consultant Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Legal Nurse Consultant to join our team.
- Analyze medical records to evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of the medical evidence including pre-existing or co-existing medical conditions;
- Provide insight and medical opinion regarding the liability and cause of the patient’s injuries;
- Research and summarize nationally recognized Standards of Care and Codes of Federal Regulation;
- Identify issues, omissions and discrepancies with any records or bills;
- Possess ability to thoroughly evaluate a medical condition and to explain or illustrate a diagnosis in legal terminology;
- Case types include medical malpractice, nursing home negligence, birth injury, motor vehicle incident, slip and fall, etc;
- Understand and utilize medical terminology, anatomical drawings, laboratory tests, and medications;
- Summarize and prepare medical record summary/chronology reports for attorney-client review;
- Work within time limitations for work product completion and submission for Quality Control review;
- Comply with all related regulatory mandates, including a complete understanding of HIPAA requirements.
- 2+ years of ER/Critical Care, ICU, Trauma nursing experience preferred;
- Prior experience authoring medical records summary reports a plus;
- Active State RN License required;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Adobe PRO/DC required;
- Legal Nurse Consultant Certification (CLNC or ALNC or LNCC) preferred;
- Legal Nurse Consultant experience preferred;
- Nursing Degree required.