The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) provides basic medical care, including changing bandages, administering medication, and collecting specimens. Administers nursing care under the supervision of a registered nurse or other medical supervisor. Being a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) monitors and reports changes in patient’s condition to supervisor. Ensures the health, comfort and safety of patients by assisting with bathing, feeding, and dressing. In addition, Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) requires a high school diploma. Typically reports to a registered nurse or supervisor. Requires graduation from approved LPN educational program. Requires a state license to practice. Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)’s years of experience requirement may be unspecified. Certification and/or licensing in the position’s specialty is the main requirement.
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) to join our team.
- Bowel Program via Digital stimulation every other day, as needed;
- Feeding patient;
- Assembles and uses such equipment as catheters, tubes and oxygen supplies;
- Assures the personal dignity and physical safety of each patient. Assist patients to attain the highest level of self-care possible;
- Assist physician during rounds;
- Generate and develop ideas, which improve the quality of care for residents or increase job productivity and satisfaction;
- Attend and participate in continuing educational programs and maintain your license on a current status;
- Remain a continuous resident advocate for quality care in a dignified respectful manner;
- Exhibit the highest level of customer service towards residents, staff and visitors;
- Follows the plan of care established by the supervising RN;
- Oversee and administer site medication regimen including but not limited to MAR sheets, scripts, and med cabinet inspections;
- Maintain a safe, homelike environment where residents feel comfortable. Special attention will be given to cleanliness, ventilation and lighting;
- Oversee Certified Nurse Aides charting/documentation;
- Communication with other members of the patients’ multi-disciplinary team;
- Verifying that patient charts are updated promptly and accurately.
- Valid Georgia Practical Nurse license in good standing;
- Must exhibit excellent customer service and a positive attitude towards patients;
- Must meet the same training and competency requirements of those being supervised;
- Must have the ability to develop systems for monitoring resident health conditions and for ensuring efficient and safe delivery of resident care;
- The ability to work according to the necessary schedule to meet job requirements with or without reasonable accommodation;
- Demonstrates caring and compassionate nature;
- Unencumbered and active FL LPN License;
- Ability to report to work regularly and promptly;
- Assists to support patient education throughout the patient hospital visit;
- Works with all members of the health care team to move the patient toward established goals;
- Ability to deliver good care and bedside manner;
- Accurately documents patient data into the clinical information system promptly;
- Currently, licensed �in good standing� in (state);
- Cooperates with medical and administrative staff to ensure compliance with standards and regulations.