Mammography Tech Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Mammography Tech to join our team.
- Our team members are part of an environment that fosters team work, team member engagement and community involvement;
- All Novant Health team members are responsible for fostering a safe patient environment driven by the principles of “First Do No Harm”;
- The successful team member has a commitment to leveraging diversity and inclusion in support of quality care;
- Responsibilities also include preparing and maintaining records and files, and cleaning and adjusting equipment as needed;
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals;
- REPORTS TO: Radiology Director;
- Complete imaging worksheets and preliminary reports for each scan;
- Explains procedures and educates women about the role of regular mammography in preventive breast health;
- Working with and troubleshooting on ultrasound machines;
- Responsible for performing examinations in a full field environment;
- American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) in Radiography (R) and Mammography (M);
- Evaluates the images for technical quality such as density contrast, definition, and distortion;
- This position works closely with the Diagnostic Imaging team and other departments in order to provide complete patient care;
- Mammographer operates digital equipment and performs various mammography related procedures.
- Experience in mammography, OB/GYN, women s health or similar preferred;
- 2-3 years experience in breast imaging.