Administrative medical assistants often fill out insurance forms or code patients’ medical information. They often answer telephones and schedule patient appointments.
Medical Administrative Assistant Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Medical Administrative Assistant to join our team.
- Schedule patient appointments;
- Operating computer software and office equipment;
- Maintaining supplies and appearance for the office;
- Compiling medical records and charts;
- Checking patients in at the front desk;
- Transferring lab results to the appropriate clinician;
- May perform medical scribe functions;
- Prepare physicians’ mail correspondence;
- Help direct patient flow during practice hours;
- Participate in revenue cycle processes;
- May maintain, adjust and confirm patient office schedule;
- Take detailed clinical phone messages for physician or advanced allied healthcare provider;
- May schedule appointments for patients;
- Retrieve physician correspondence from dictation service, edit where necessary;
- Acquire insurance authorizations for procedures and tests ordered by attending physician.
- May serve on the OSHA VPP, Safety, and Wellness Committees;
- General medical ethics, telephone etiquette, and excellent communication and customer service skills;
- General office administrative and clerical skills to perform receptionist duties and answer telephones;
- A fully qualified typist with a minimum of 50 WPM is required;
- Mandatory knowledge and skills;
- Unique military health care systems/procedures;
- Education. High school diploma or General Educational Development (GED) equivalency. Completion of an Administrative Assistant program is desired;
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing;
- Experience. At least 6 months of experience in medical office setting;
- Ability to communicate effectively on the telephone;
- Ability to demonstrate high quality customer service;
- Ability to multi-task and maintain composure;
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to exercise good judgment to handle calls appropriately.