Nurse Coordinator Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Nurse Coordinator to join our team.
- Serves as liaison for internal departments as well as external customers such as community providers, suppliers and professional organizations;
- Provides support to the unit Supervisor on special case reviews and projects;
- Collaborates with all levels of management as well as with Medical Directors on complex inpatient admissions or reviews;
- Performs all other miscellaneous responsibilities and duties as assigned or directed;
- Provides back-up in daily review activities in the event of staff absences or high volume case referrals;
- Monitor patient while in the imaging area for change in status and make appropriate intervention or contact primary care givers for instruction;
- Assess patients before administration of iodinated contrast for CT, MRI or other imaging studies. Obtain appropriate history including allergies;
- Conscious Sedation: maintain medication records, security, records related to each patient;
- Responsible for maintenance and storage of medication, syringe, catheter inventory;
- Provide for safe and accurate administration of medication, intravenous fluids in accordance with physician orders and nursing standards;
- Initiate care and discharge plan for patients after invasive procedures;
- Responsible for ensuring that safety equipment is properly maintained by Security, notifying them if Banyan Box is locked;
- Perform physical, psychological and cognitive status assessments of patients.
- Knowledge of the appropriate protocol to be followed for a given diagnosis and the normative values of medical tests and procedures;
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office applications. Including but not limited to Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook;
- Knowledge of managed care activities;
- Four years of clinical care, case management, or other related experience.