Occupational Therapist Assistant (COTA) Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Occupational Therapist Assistant (COTA) to join our team.
- Submits clinical documentation in accordance with Organization policy;
- Actively participates in quality assessment performance improvement teams and activities;
- Maintains appropriate clinical records, clinical notes, and reports to the registered occupational therapist any changes in the patient’s condition.
- Must perform job responsibilities in accordance with Key Rehab’s Code of Ethical Conduct and follow state and federal guidelines;
- Must be a graduate of an accredited Occupational Therapist Assistant program with an active COTA license in the state of practice;
- Flexibility and team work;
- Experience with the geriatric population;
- Understanding of current Medicare billing regulations;
- Good organizational and problem solving skills;
- Exceptional oral and written communication;
- Demonstrates good verbal and written communication, and organization skills;
- Possesses and maintains current CPR certification;
- Graduate of an occupational therapy assistant curriculum accredited by the American Occupational Therapy Association;
- A minimum of one (1) year of clinical experience as a certified occupational therapy assistant is preferred;
- Certified with the National Certification Examination of the American Occupational Therapy Association;
- Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in accordance with state or organization requirements and is in good working order.