Occupational therapists help people overcome difficulties caused by physical or mental illness, disability, accidents or ageing.
Occupational Therapist Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Occupational Therapist to join our team.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required;
- All Novant Health team members are responsible for fostering a safe patient environment driven by the principles of “First Do No Harm”;
- The successful team member has a commitment to leveraging diversity and inclusion in support of quality care;
- This position offers a flexible work schedule;
- Preparing clients for a return to work;
- Complying with federal, state, and local certification requirements;
- Evaluating patient condition regarding physical and basic mental health;
- Regular observations and support in the school environment;
- Implements IFSP for enrolled families and recommends frequency of services based on child development status and family priorities and concerns;
- Promotes activities in the “natural setting” to enhance implementation of the IFSP;
- Maintain and update credentials as needed;
- Ensures equipment is in good working order prior to providing care to patients. Follows procedures for reporting damaged equipment;
- Collaborate with director of nursing and/or social worker on Medicare admissions;
- Provide effective fiscal management through appropriate staffing, time management, equipment, and supply expenditures and caseload management;
- Makes appropriate referrals to other members of the rehab team.
- Comfortable using a computer for various tasks;
- Current state licensure as an Occupational Therapist;
- Instilling confidence in team members, patients and families;
- Must have an active or pending OT license for WA;
- Valid driver’s license;
- Two years clinical experience preferred with prior experience – working with older adults preferred;
- Successful completion of the National Registry Examination;
- CPR Certification;
- Bachelor of Science in Occupational Therapy from accredited program;
- Interest in sub-acute, geriatric rehabilitation and general rehabilitation;
- Bachelor’s degree;
- Must have excellent interpersonal, customer service and teamwork skills. Previous experience preferred;
- Licensure as required by State guidelines. Registered through NBCOT;
- Graduate of accredited OT program;
- Education and/or Experience: Two years (preferred) of clinical experience in the field of physical disabilities working as a Therapist.