Ophthalmic Assistant Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Ophthalmic Assistant to join our team.
- Pretesting and diagnostic testing;
- assisting in the front office are when necessary;
- Other duties as assigned;
- Knowledge of common eye diseases and symptoms;
- Measure visual acuities at distance and near utilizing the appropriate test;
- Assists eye care providers in the exam and treatment of patients;
- Ophthalmic instrument technique;
- Patient registration and intake via EMR;
- Completes requests for prescription refills as authorized by provider with full documentation in patient chart;
- Patient scheduling and coordination;
- Screens patients and calls for emergency/urgent situations; obtains pertinent information for provider;
- Interfacing with optical retailer Proper medical history taking;
- Assists with minor surgery procedures and laser treatments in the office, including application and removal of dressings as directed;
- Inventories and maintains surgical instruments in accordance with system and department standards;
- Perform preliminary screening test and be able to recognize and record abnormalities.
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Weekend availability;
- Manual Refractometry (preferred, but not required);
- Previous experience as an Ophthalmic or Optometric Assistant or Medical Assistant;
- Bi-lingual (Spanish, Mandarin, etc.) a plus, but not required;
- Demonstrated interest in quality improvement;
- Basic office equipment and computer skills.