Optometrists test vision, identify eye health problems, prescribe glasses and fit contact lenses.
Optometrist Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Optometrist to join our team.
- Participate in staff development and training;
- Refer patients to trusted specialists as needed;
- Provide prescriptions for corrective lenses as needed;
- Prescribe medications when needed;
- Prescribe and fit patients for eyeglasses;
- Evaluate and manage a variety of ocular conditions;
- Tech with possible Scribe;
- Meet patients’ ocular health and visual need;
- Write prescriptions for eyeglasses, contact lenses and medications;
- Understanding and identification of oculomotor and visual learning related symptoms;
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize;
- Proficiency in patient encounter charting and coding;
- Provide efficient, comprehensive vision and eye health medical examination;
- Operate an OCT in the medical management of patient;
- Successful track record of working with children.
- Doctor of Optometry license in the state of California;
- Glaucoma certification;
- Doctor of Optometry license in the state of Texas;
- Experience in electronic health records;
- Experience caring for seniors preferred but not required;
- Demonstrate clinical expertise;
- Eligible for Delaware State Licensure;
- Current North Carolina license, including Therapeutic Pharmaceutical Agents;
- Current DEA;
- Refractive Knowledge;
- Strong contact lens fitting skills;
- Must have an OD degree from an accredited Optometry school;
- Spanish speaking a plus;
- Customer service and patient-focused oriented;
- Ability to speak and understand Spanish.