PACU (Post Anesthesia Care Unit) RN (Registered Nurse) Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a PACU (Post Anesthesia Care Unit) RN (Registered Nurse) to join our team.
- Ensures the proper handling of specimens;
- Provide discharge instructions to the patient and caregiver, asking for confirmation of understanding;
- Perform follow up patient assessment by calling the patient the day after surgery;
- Maintain infection control policies and protocols while actively monitoring situations which could lead to a breach in those processes;
- Evaluate, monitor and document the status of the patient during the recovery phase;
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems;
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well coordinated patient care;
- Provide post-operative nursing care, comfort and support to the patient undergoing surgical procedures;
- Administers prescribed medications, applies dressings, monitors vital signs;
- Assess plans and evaluate the nursing care needs of the patient after a surgical procedure;
- Demonstrates personal accountability for relationship-based care, organizational mission, and core values;
- Is compatible and supportive; and a team player;
- Accountable for the coordination of nursing care for surgical patients, from pediatric to geriatric age groups;
- Provides care in the ambulatory setting directed toward meeting both the psychosocial and physical needs of the patient;
- Utilizes the nursing process to assess, plan and implement nursing care and evaluate patient outcomes.
- Candidates with Level 2 Recovery (Med/Surg or Pre-Op experience is also acceptable);
- Must have BLS certification from an American Heart Association approved course;
- Candidates with two (2) years experience preferred;
- Must have an RN license in the State of Texas, COMPACT nursing state, or have the ability to obtain one;
- Candidates must have successfully completed an accredited RN program.