Patient Safety Attendant Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Patient Safety Attendant to join our team.
- Is able to float within the patient care units by maintaining working knowledge of hospital-wide/unit policies and procedures;
- Demonstrates general working knowledge of computers and department specific software (i.e. Healthstream, internet, etc.);
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned;
- Remain calm in stressful situations to create a healing environment. Utilizes empathetic responses to reduce patient stress;
- Maintains a neat and orderly work environment. No food or drink in the patient room for the Patient Safety Attendant;
- Maintains confidentiality of information pertaining to patients, physicians, employees, and Mercy business;
- Serves meal to patients;
- Observes patient in a 1:1 setting as assigned. Monitors patient in accordance with unit guidelines. Patient is not to be left alone;
- Remains alert at all times;
- Maintains and updates job competencies on an annual basis;
- Introduces self to patients/families and explains that they are there to assist in maintaining a safe environment.
- Must be comfortable operating in a collaborative, shared leadership environment;
- Must have a general working knowledge of computers and department specific software (i.e. Healthstream, internet, etc.);
- Must be available to work on short notice;
- Is able to communicate effectively with all members of the health care team;
- Is able to perform a variety of duties characterized by frequent change;
- Must have a high school diploma/GED. Prior patient care experience preferred;
- Maintains certification in B.C.L.S.