The Pediatrician requests necessary tests, and follow-up visits, and refers patients to specialists, as necessary. Examines children to ensure proper injury care and disease prevention, diagnosis, treatment, and recovery. Being a Pediatrician may report to a medical director. Requires a degree in medicine from an accredited school and is licensed to practice. Pediatrician’s years of experience requirement may be unspecified. Certification and/or licensing in the position’s specialty is the main requirement.
Pediatrician Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Pediatrician to join our team.
- Develop treatment plans based on scientific rationale, standards of care, and professional practice guidelines;
- Prescribe appropriate pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic treatment modalities to ensure the health and comfort of all patients;
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary team members by making appropriate referrals and monitoring the effectiveness of all interventions;
- Implement measures to assist patients in regaining and sustaining physiologic endurance to include serving in the first assisting role;
- Function autonomously to conduct patient histories and physicals for complex critical, chronically ill, and acute patients.
- BLS, PALS, & NRP Certifications;
- Board Certified or Board Eligible in Pediatrics required;
- Completion of a Pediatric Residency;
- Board Certified Pediatrics;
- Family Practice physicians with Pediatric experience also considered;
- 2+ years experience preferred;
- Active/Unrestricted license (Any state);
- Experience with infants;
- Current Florida Medical License required;
- Board Eligible or Certified in Pediatrics preferred.