Personal Care Assistant (PCA) Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Personal Care Assistant (PCA) to join our team.
- Able to provide residents help with prescribed exercises;
- Deliver basic health services like recording pulse rate, temperature, and respiration rate;
- Ability to work with elders, showing understanding and patience;
- Ability to interact effectively, with residents, their families, visitors and other staff members;
- Ability to sit, stand, walk, bend and squat for prolonged periods;
- Assisting with medication administration;
- Must have a clear speaking voice and good telephone skills;
- Provide light housekeeping and homemaking tasks;
- Must complete annually corporate competencies prior to yearly evaluation;
- Help clients with mobility restrictions to get out of bed, bathe, dress, and groom;
- Perform other tasks as assigned;
- Must receive annually an evaluation of performance by the RN/LPN supervisor or Director or Health/Personal Care;
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions;
- Ability to read, write and speak English in an understandable manner.
- Completed First Aid and CPR course;
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent;
- Six months of relevant experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.