Pharmacy Technician – Data Entry Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Pharmacy Technician – Data Entry to join our team.
- Assist pharmacist in filling prescription items, as permitted by the state board of pharmacy;
- Receive written prescription or refill requests and verify that the information is complete and accurate;
- Collect, organize, and evaluate of patient information;
- Establish and maintain patient profiles, including lists of medications taken by individual patients;
- Receive prescriptions sent electronically from the doctor’s office;
- Enter patient and order information into the pharmacy system;
- Communicate with patients by telephone and takes refill requests from patients. Transfers calls from providers to the pharmacist when necessary;
- Perform other tasks assigned while working in a fast paced environment;
- Provide quality customer service to co workers;
- Process all new and refill prescriptions.
- High school diploma or equivalent;
- 6+ months of relevant experience working with computer and web based tools;
- Experience recognizing and identifying patient medications;
- Experience working under pressure in a fast-paced work environment while consistently meeting standards for productivity and quality;
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail;
- Demonstrated ability to work as an effective team member;
- Pharmacy Technician Trainee certificate.