Pharmacy Technician PRN Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Pharmacy Technician PRN to join our team.
- Repackages bulk medications;
- Receives and stores incoming supplies;
- Refills and maintains automated dispensing systems;
- Serves as liaison between pharmacy, patient and health professional by providing information as necessary;
- Prepares orders and maintains inventory for the pharmacy department;
- Delivering the appropriate quantities of the medication to the correct patient area(s);
- Assisting with accurate billing and crediting of patient medications;
- Picking up drug orders at the nursing station(s) and preparing medications under the supervision of the pharmacist on shift;
- Monitoring doses administered according to Medication Administration Record on the narcotics sign-out record;
- Maintaining all forms and reports necessary for the control of narcotics and other controlled substances.
- Must be able to push/pull carts weighing up to 200 pounds;
- Must be able to walk, stand, and work for extended periods of time without relief;
- Must be able to work with hands for up to 12 hours a day;
- Must possess dexterity of arms, hands, and fingers bilaterally;
- Must be able to transport and/or lift an object intermittently throughout the workday up to a maximum of 20 pounds.