Pharmacy technicians prepare and supply medicines for prescriptions, under the supervision of a pharmacist.
Pharmacy Technician Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Pharmacy Technician to join our team.
- Perform opening and closing duties, including acting as keyholder, turning the alarm system on and off, and sterilizing surfaces;
- Follow all company, state and federal policies, laws and regulations, including HIPAA and Pseudoephedrine sales;
- Perform other tasks assigned while working in a fast paced environment;
- Helps health care providers and patients by greeting them in person and by phone;
- Prepares labels and organizes medications for pharmacists;
- Adjudicating claims;
- Inventory maintenance;
- Compound oral solutions, ointments, and creams;
- Receive, document, and store incoming and outgoing pharmaceuticals according to the Department of Transportation and Company guidelines;
- Assist other pharmacy technicians;
- Maintain knowledge of loss prevention techniques;
- Maintain an appropriate level of cleanliness and organization in the pharmacy;
- Assist with manufacturing/assembly/dispensing instructions and the generation of labels;
- Compliance with employee standards of PharmaCorr/Corizon Health and applicable employee standards of the contract.
- Must be 18 years of age;
- Thorough understanding and adherence to Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPP);
- Ability and willingness to continue education, as necessary;
- Graduated from an accredited technician school or equivalent;
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs;
- Ability to recognize and identify patient medications;
- 1+ years of pharmacy experience;
- Minimum 1 year of current IV Mixing Technician work experience;
- State of Florida Pharmacy Technician Registration;
- Hours are Mon-Fri and/or occasional part days on Saturdays when needed;
- Meditech Experience;
- Strong verbal communication skills;
- Compliance with employee standards of PharmaCorr/Corizon Health and applicable employee standards of the contract;
- MUST know Micro Merchant;
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including Saturdays as needed.