Phlebotomists collect blood samples from patients, and send them off for analysis and testing.
Phlebotomist Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Phlebotomist to join our team.
- Maintains complete and accurate records;
- Maintains proficiency and certification for all tasks required by position;
- The successful team member has a commitment to leveraging diversity and inclusion in support of quality care;
- Maintain an organized and clean work area based on state health laws and the guidelines of our medical organization;
- All Novant Health team members are responsible for fostering a safe patient environment driven by the principles of “First Do No Harm”;
- Ensure positive patient identification, 100% of the time;
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required;
- Able to Access star for collection lists;
- Knowledge of basic biology, chemistry and mathematics (sufficient to measure and calculate metric quantities);
- Help orient new employees to the department LIS;
- Performs proper specimen collection and labeling procedures used for routine and special procedures;
- Phlebotomist National Certification recommended;
- Operate and utilize the laboratory computer system to the fullest extent possible for the job activities and work area assigned;
- Use the LIS for accurate order entry and cancellation of testing as appropriate;
- Knowledgeable of HIPAA and OSHA regulations.
- Proven track record in providing exceptional customer service;
- Comfortable working under minimal supervision;
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Able to pass a standardized color blindness test;
- Previous experience as a phlebotomist;
- Reliable transportation and clean driving record if applicable;
- Reliable transportation;
- Phlebotomy certification from an accredited agency that included a completed externship or previous experience as a phlebotomist;
- Able to work in a fast paced and high volume environment;
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred;
- One year of experience;
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment;
- Asap Start;
- Completion of an approved phlebotomy training course (or equivalent);
- Minimum of 1 year of experience within the last 3 years as a patient service technician/phlebotomist.