Private Duty Nurse Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Private Duty Nurse to join our team.
- Assists in reviewing, evaluating and updating the patient plan of care as appropriate;
- Appearance is always within Agency standards; is clean and well groomed;
- Completes documentation and paperwork in a timely manner as per Agency policy;
- Assists the patient in learning appropriate self-care techniques;
- Initiates preventive and rehabilitative nursing procedures as appropriate;
- Submits any changes in patient’s schedule to Director of Clinical Services/Nursing Supervisor/ Registered Nurse on a daily basis;
- Furnishes services, treatments and diagnostic and preventive procedures as assigned per the plan of care, in accordance with agency policies;
- Teaches and counsels the patient and family/significant others regarding the nursing care needs and other related problems of the patient at home;
- Prepares clinical progress notes and follows the client service plan as developed by the registered nurse according to agency policy;
- Promotes and maintains client health through teaching and appropriate rehabilitation measures;
- Communicates current health status and needs of clients to the appropriate staff;
- Demonstrates a desire to set and meet objectives and to find increasingly efficient ways to perform tasks;
- Assists clients with administering medications based on doctor’s orders.
- Clean criminal and background check;
- Valid Driver’s License, Dependable Vehicle, and current Proof of Auto Insurance.