Progressive Care Unit Registered Nurse Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Progressive Care Unit Registered Nurse to join our team.
- Orients and mentors new staff members;
- Instructs and educates patients and families;
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care;
- Carries out physician orders and assesses plans to administer patient care;
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate;
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment;
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for patient care;
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems;
- Assesses and coordinates patient’s discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team;
- Carries out physician orders;
- Provides respiratory and ventilator management and monitoring for patients;
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, monitors vital signs;
- Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs;
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well coordinated patient care;
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
- Reads and writes Basic English with the basic skills necessary to transcribe physician’s orders;
- Knowledge of body substance isolation;
- Acute care experience;
- Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family, internal and external partners needs;
- Graduate of an accredited diploma, associates, or baccalaureate degree nursing program;
- Current American Heart Association BLS Certification;
- BSN preferred.